We will be traveling to Springfield to compete in this event. If you are interested in competing or just want to come to cheer us on, please talk to Kevin or Aaron for details.
Welcome to The 2012 Heart Of America CrossFit Team Competition aka HOA4!!! It’s ON, peeps…AGAIN! Last year, HOA3 was spectacular. Period. If you weren’t there, read all about it in the posts below and watch the HOA3 highlight reel on youtube. This year, expect nothing less. Once again, it’s going to be 3 days of intense but totally DOable and totally FUN CrossFit team competition. Everyone’s invited and, perhaps most importantly, whether you’re participating as a competitor, judge, or volunteer, everyone will be INVOLVED. From now until the first WOD on Friday, November 2nd, keep checking on the HOA4 website to stay updated on all of the details of the event.
Team competition in the sport of CrossFit continues to grow and is showing no signs of losing popularity. Many top individual CrossFit athletes all around the world are opting to represent their affiliate teams during the CrossFit Games season. After 3 consecutive years, full of many good times, great moments, and some very healthy, comeraderie-driven competition, The Heart Of America CrossFit Team Competition has now proven its ability to provide a LEGIT platform for your affiliate to test ANY of your athletes in an organized competitive setting. SEVEN…that’s right, seven teams that competed at HOA3 qualified for the 2012 North Central Regional. Two of those teams, CrossFit Jenks and Quad City CrossFit went on to finish top 3 in the region and qualify for the 2012 CrossFit Games World Finals in Los Angeles!
Here are some basic HOA4 details we’re able to provide at this time:
- HOA4 will be held at CrossFit Springfield in Springfield, MO from Friday Nov 2nd through Sunday Nov 4th 2012. The first WOD will take place on the evening of November 2nd.
- HOA4 will have 2 competitive divisions: Scaled and RX’d. Registration will again be capped off at 60 teams (30 Scaled and 30 RX’d). Last year, 348 athletes and 58 teams from across the region competed at HOA3. It was pretty freakin’ sweet. We’d be thrilled to have you back!
- Teams must be comprised of 6 members: 3 Men and 3 Women
- HOA4 is an affiliate/same-based facility team competition. In previous years, there have been a few exceptions made to allow teams comprised of athletes who do not actively train at the same facility to participate at HOA. This will not be allowed at HOA4. ALL of the athletes on your team must ACTIVELY train at the SAME CrossFit affiliate, fitness center, or garage gym. If you hear of any team trying to cheat this rule – by all means – tattle on them.
- The goal right now is for HOA4 team, judge, and volunteer registration to open and go live – possibly before – but definitely no later than: Monday, September 3rd 2012.
- HOA 2012 event sponsorship info and vendor info will be available very soon! HOA 2011 had some great sponsors, all of which who we’d be honored to have participate once more!